BÉSICS® Fibreware Plates
BÉSICS® Fibreware Plates are made from bagasse, a fibrous material left over from the sugarcane industry. The bagasse is collected, crushed and processed so that it can be weaved and molded into BÉSICS® Plates. While this material is usually disposed of after the sugar has been harvested, making BÉSICS® products allows the fibres to be reused and serve a better purpose – as a full-circle alternative to paper and Styrofoam plates.
Our BÉSICS® Fibreware Plates are certified compostable by DIN Certco. The BÉSICS® Fibreware Plates also include water and oil-resistant additives which meet the ASTM 6868 standard for compostability, and the British Retail Consortium (BRC) has approved these plates for food services use.
- Available in both commercial and retail packaging
- Made from renewable resources - sugarcane (bagasse)
- Perfect for hot and cold take-out
- 100% Non-toxic, Biodegradable and Compostable both at home and in commercial facilities
- Freezer friendly
- Compost: at home and commercial
Don’t have a home composter?
See our Where to Compost section to find a facility near you!